I get the quilting bug.
Hence the trip to the quilt festival at the weekend.
I finished N’s quilt quite a long time ago now, but, because of the jewelry making, painting, etc., I’ve not felt as though I’ve had enough time for quilt making for some time.
But it’s always there, in the back of my mind.
(That’s actually a really nice red border, not brown).
I’ve had this little niggling for a while now, and, once that happens it’s usually a short trip from the back burner to the front.
I’ve been doodling designs on and off since N’s quilt and have come up with a few ideas.
Here’s one of the doodles.
Then I start playing with it.
This one (below) is a bit creepy so I could turn the flower a bit so that it fans from the center more symmetrically.
Not that I don’t like creepy.
This one’s better … but, still weird.
It’s also not squared off properly, sorry :)
This one has some potential if I work on the center more to give it more substance and then the borders.
Here’s another one.
Again, I could bring it together more in the center.
Or just play around with it.
Until I find something I can work with.
This one needs a middle design and would take ten zillion years to make, but, you get the idea.
Sometimes these beginnings lead to something completely different. It’s the process that’s important.
This was the beginning of N’s quilt.
Once I’ve got something that I really like I go out and find some fabric that grabs me.
I really like this,
But, it’s not quite what I had in mind.
Then I got impatient and bought this.
(That happens a lot)
(Some Moda, Fellowship, and a few others I can’t recall the names of).
Which I like, but, again, I’m not absolutely sure. I was thinking of something brighter and a bit more fun.
So today I’m going to just start playing around with it and then I will find out what colours I could do more of and which are no good at all.
My other self made a B by the way.
With a little garnet to hang off it.
This is just a prototype but I’m thinking of making some alphabet charms …